Thursday, June 9, 2011

The Catcher In The Rye


I read this book a couple years ago. I read it because it reminded me of a boy that went to a prep school and had a kind of life that Holden had. He also didn't really do well in school. Sometimes I like to visit other people through stories that take me back to my memory of them.


I decided that instead of investing in a house that I would invest in memories. That these memories could be recalled at will and that a person had the capacity to not only remember, but also to feel the emotions of that memory. I mean that that is what memories are to me...emotional experiences.

So this week I watched a movie that was mentioned in the book. Holden right up front on page 2 says, "If there's one thing I hate it's the movies. Don't even mention them to me." What is funny is the book is peppered with references to shows and movies. So there is this one movie that he takes his sister to ten times. He says that Phoebe loves this movie and has memorized every line. So I thought I better watch it also.

So Phoebe liked this movie...and I think this might say something about her, as a character in this book. So if you are a Catcher In The Rye fan then I hope you enjoy this.

HITCHCOCK'S WONDERFUL CLASSIC with ROBERT DONAT and MADELEINE CARROLL *** A man in London tries to help a counterespionage agent. But when the agent is killed and he stands accused, he must go on the run to both save himself and also stop a spy ring trying to steal top secret information..


The eye candy is just some pictures around the house.

2 comments:

  1. Interesting...I like the eye candy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Marie, I wish that I had had the time to "acquire" such beautiful things and that they were in fact sitting around my house. But this is not the case and so...I am just sharing with you some pictures we made at "the house" of my friends.

    But it is inspiring me. There is so much art to make and enjoy. Even small menageries!!!

    ReplyDelete