Monday, January 17, 2011

Artist Trading Card Metal Box








This weekend my children went to our friends Edy and Wendy's house and did some metal work.
They made me a metal box to put my Artist Trading Cards in. This is one of the most "artful" things I have. I absolutely love it. It is a real gift of love. Catherine designed it, Winston did the wielding, Isaac blacksmithed the handles and Wendy put the rivets in to hold the copper plate. Here are some more pictures...
Isaac and Wendy looking at something in the blacksmithing shop.

5 comments:

  1. That is so cool! What I love is that they really thought about
    what they could make for you that would be "artful" and "useful" at the same time. You have talented children : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also have a special friend Wendy that directed the project!!!
    Thank you ancientcloth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing! A gift from the heart and useful. Who could ask for more. A gift made by your children is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea! Wonderful!

    Erika

    ReplyDelete