Wednesday, March 7, 2012

The Evolution of a Dragon




I wanted to show you a picture of the dragon
 before I started work the dross of  thread over the body of the dragon.  
I loved working with such different patterns and using my threads to merry the sections together.

The claws on the dragon kinda look a little bit like the Chinese dragon to me.
I like "crossing" over  different periods of art and different cultures.
I am working on seed stitching the mountain.  
You can see the close up of the tail and body in this picture also.
I wanted to give the dragon a kind of chameleon effect as if he was effervescent.
It has been fun hand stitching and "changing" the look of these fabrics.


You can also see that I have finished the clouds and the sun edge.  


I hope this inspires you to make your own dragon cloth.
Hope I didn't scare you but I just wanted to share my evolved "view" of the dragon..

4 comments:

  1. Becky,

    Your dragon is fabulous and so detailed! Love all the fine stitching
    and the way you gathered the fabrics. He has a lot of personality.
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Becky, I loved the sequence of photos, I kept going back to the first one -- it is amazing how your stitching transformed the cloth. Makes me want to go grab my needle and thread and make magic!

    ReplyDelete